Example of Streaming Mode in action. Image credit to Botched Roles on Twitch.
This pairs well with our Elgoato StreamDeck plugin. Read about it or download it from the Elgato Plugin Store
dddice's Streaming Mode allows streamers to display 3D dice on top of their stream using OBS Studio. Watch it in action!
When you first open Streaming Mode, you will be greeted by a plain white page - fear not! This is exactly what you should see.
In less than 5-minutes, you'll turn this bare page into a 3D overlay for your stream.
Whatever settings you have selected in the settings menu will be embedded into the streaming mode url.
If you wish to change the settings, you need to return to your room, edit the settings, regenerate the streaming mode urls, and then update the browser sources to use those new urls. Changing the settings in the room alone will not affect your stream overlays.
- Ensure OBS Studio or Twitch Studio is installed on your system.
- Navigate to your room and click on the cog in the upper right corner to open the settings menu
- Scroll down to the Streaming Mode section
- Click to open a Room (stream dice rolls) or Chat (stream chat messages)
- Click "Add Source" and choose "Browser" as the source
- Name your browser source and click "OK"
- Paste the URL of your streaming mode windows (copy the entire URL including the "?key=AAA...", but don't share or expose these secrets!)
- Position your stream anywhere, ensure the Browser source is the top most layer
- That's it! Roll using your regular dddice room and watch as 3D dice appear on stream without any background